Last year, athletes from all around the province competed in the virtual indoor rowing competition, vying for the title of Beast of the East (and a sweet, sweet cash prize). This year, we’re taking it up a few notches and giving the people what they want: MORE ERGING!
Row NS has lined up a full slate of indoor rowing events for this winter. There will be something for everyone and enough to keep you sweating until the weather warms up. It kicks off on January 1 with the Rack’em Up Challenge.
In this month-long challenge, we are inviting athletes of all ages, skills levels, and training volumes to log their meters. It’s time to put in the sweat equity and get comfortable on that erg. The more meters logged, the better. We will have milestones and challenges along the way to help keep you motivated and earn ballots towards draw prizes at the end.
We will be awarding prizes to the three men and women with the most meters rowed in the month. In addition, everyone who submits meters will get a ballot towards the draw prizes. For each additional milestone (outlined below) that you pass you will receive additional ballots. There will also be challenges posted on our social media to earn more additional ballots throughout the month. All meters must be submitted no later than January 31
Milestones: Anyone who logs meters in the month will receive 1 ballot for the draw prizes at the end of the month. You will receive additional ballets as indicated below for each milestone that you complete.
- 1 Ballot – Log 25 total km’s (25,000m)
- 1 Ballot – Log 75 total km’s (75,000m)
- 2 ballot – log 100 total km’s (100,000m)
- 2 ballots – Log 150 total km’s (150,000m)
- 3 ballots – Log 200 total km’s (200,000m)
- 5 Ballots – Log more than 250 total km’s (250,000m)
Challenges will be posted sporadically throughout the month for a chance to gain more meters and to earn more ballots.
Submitting Meters: Meters must be submitted using the Concept2 Logbook. To sign up follow the steps below and join the Virtual Team Challenge as part of Row Nova Scotia from January 1-31. In addition to being part of our Rack’em Up Challenge, you will be participating in the Concept2 Virtual Team Challenge for the month of January as part of our team.
A few more things to consider:
- In order to participate, you need to sign up to be part of Team Row Nova Scotia on Concept2 before January 16 23:59 GMT (18:59 ET).
- Meters completed each week should be entered no later than midnight on Friday of that week. This works on the honor system. It makes it fair and fun for everyone if you can watch the progress of the teams that you are competing against.
- We reserve the right to ask for proof of meter totals if they seem suspect and to disqualify any team from the challenge who we feel is not participating honestly.
- The deadline for entering meters is February 3 23:59 GMT (18:59 ET).